Sunday, April 16, 2006

Literary Sunday ( I Think)

I was up at 4:13am this wonderful morning. That's far ahead of sunrise, daytime soaps and weekend papers. To be honest, I didn't realize that it was weekend until the Missus and I started to discuss the story of Jesus' resurrection. That by the way, reminded me that today is actually Easter.

Our current April residency is out in the Southwestern desert and there are few things that reminds you of day or holiday. It's both very nice and a little bit scary.

But back to my early rise. My mind has been troubled by a few intellectual challenges and my body with digesting a lot of fantastic wine. That computes to an early rise.

It's not as bad as it sounds. I made some coffee, read, wrote and comtenplated until the sun rose and then watched how the desert woke up. Usually hoping to see some new animals but mostly end up with rabbits, pack rats and cardinals.

Anywho, a clear sign that it's weekend is when we get the WSJ (Weekend Edition) AND the NYT. I really enjoy the latter. The articles are fun, provoking and very well written. I really enjoyed the story about Globalization (Americans want risks; Europeans security) and about the anti-Sex-in-the City new literary genre: fratire (literature about men being themselves).

Book stores have been filled with chick-lit in a poor assumption that young men don't read but young women do. Please let the feministic literary trend be over, dead, gone. I cannot stand to watch another show about shoe fetishism, men being bastards and the womens right to indulge in indulgece. All derived from a poorly written novel by some acne-infested 20-something woman with dead social life and a dream of the knight in the white armor. For Christ sake, get a job!

PS. This all all Oprah's fault!

No comments: