Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Under The Tucson Sun

The picture perfect sunrise reflected onto the patio door knobs and into our bedroom early this morning. But at that time I'd already had a cup of java and was eagerly researching one of my latest discoveries (HEC).

The desert sunrises are magic and with the temperature hitting a mid-day 90° F (32° C) the early hour is both majestic and very comfortable.

Like in Spain, the afternoon is for siestas - either to slow down the pace or just have an 1-hour nap before the second part of the day begins.

We are rather - or should I say relatively - busy until lunchtime and then when the sun hits zenit we just lounge. I prefer somewhere on the pation in the quiet shade and the Missus indoors.

There is really no reason to head into the city. Most things are delivered to the house and the ones that aren't we can live without. The only challenge has been getting good cigars but that will eventually be solved - I hope.

Relaxing takes time but after almost 6 months off work I'm starting to get really good at it. The anxiety of not working is gone, the stress level close to zero and the pace very, very comfortable. I realize that work can be a disease as lethal as cancer.

But being born with a few peak performance genes I still feel that I need to accomplish some things everyday. Two days ago it was to find a good entry point on an oil company trade (+10%), yesterday roasting a chicken on the outside BBQ and today, well, today I haven't decided yet. It could be as simple as perfecting the afternoon siesta in the beautiful Tucson sun.

No comments: